FreeROSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU!

+7
jb0001
coldth
renzhouken
Royal Chief™
death10
Orihime_Inoue
Lady_Akisha
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU!

Post by Lady_Akisha Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:44 pm

I noticed there are FreeRose players who can't understand tagalog and i kinda feel sad everytime i notice they can't understand what the other players are saying...sometimes they don't know they are being badmouthed by a Filipino player. Here's some tagalog words you can use in game. Feel free to add or edit/correct me with some words here.

COMMONLY USED WORDS IN GAME
(* stands for o and # for a)

1. Kuya - Bro
  2. Ate - Sis
  3. Pahingi - Give me
  4. Magkano?- How much?
  5. Ikaw - You
  6. Ka - You
  7. Gusto - Want
  8. Bakit - Why
  9. gag* - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  10. p*ta - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  11. tad* - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  12. t#ng in# - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  13. Kailangan - Need
  14. Madamot - Selfish (?)
  15. Musta? - How are you?
  16. Bilis - Faster
  17. Ang bagal mo - You're slow. (Bagal means slow)

More words later!
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female
Number of posts : 575
Main Character : **Akisha**
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue332/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (332/600)

http://iamakisha.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty Re: For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU!

Post by Orihime_Inoue Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:27 am

what is "asa" in english?
Orihime_Inoue
Orihime_Inoue
Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 442
Main Character : **iNoue** DELETED
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue163/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (163/600)

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty Re: For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU!

Post by Lady_Akisha Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:54 pm

i think "asa" is an abbreviated form of umasa in tagalog...hmmm....we can just say that "asa" is a counterpart of the phrase "you wish" (with a ridicule tone) in english. that's my own opinion Very Happy
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue332/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (332/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by death10 Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:20 pm

i think umasa is hoping
death10
death10
Elder Mammoth

Male
Number of posts : 590
Main Character : **DivineDeath**
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue300/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (300/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Akisha Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:59 pm

death10 wrote:i think umasa is hoping

in some ways yes, but this time we should not take the word "asa" by the word...remember in our StatCon Divine? "construe not with the words that killeth but with the spirit that liveth". Therefore asa is a tagalog counterpart of the ridicule "you wish, ________."
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:51 am

Lady_Akisha wrote:

COMMONLY USED WORDS IN GAME
(* stands for o and # for a)

1. gag* - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  2. p*ta - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  3. tad* - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  4. t#ng in# - "badword", be angry when someone tells you this. you're being badmouthed.
  5. Madamot - Selfish
LOL.. most words that are commonly used ingame are the foul ones lol!
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1586
Main Character : **RoyalChief**
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue600/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by renzhouken Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Pogi- handsome hihhihihihi
renzhouken
renzhouken
Ruper Captain

Male
Number of posts : 496
Main Character : LordKazuyen** BabyKazuyen** BebotKazuyen
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue600/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:45 pm

renzhouken wrote:Pogi- handsome hihhihihihi

don't forget "wafu".. more like a drunk term for good looking nyahaha!
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by coldth Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Orihime_Inoue wrote:what is "asa" in english?

maybe WEAK or LOOSER i guess scratch ...bt actually i don't know d right words..:p2
coldth
coldth
Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 13
Main Character : unnamed
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:02 am

coldth wrote:
Orihime_Inoue wrote:what is "asa" in english?

maybe WEAK or LOOSER i guess scratch ...bt actually i don't know d right words..:p2

can be.. depends on how the person would say it.. but for me, it kinda means alot like "you're just hoping", "why did you still hope?".. or something like that.. eehehhe..
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by jb0001 Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:58 am

to clear out the word asa, let's just use it in a sentence Very Happy

asa ka = you wish!! sounds sarcastic Very Happy

but when we use it in a better sentence:

umaasa parin ako = i'm still hoping..

it is because HOPE isn't used as ASA only...
it used as PAG ASA Very Happy

now more words for them
oi <name>= hey <name>
kumusta = how are u doing
san ka pupunta? = where are u going?
pabili naman, vend ka ulit = i'll buy, please vend again
aso = dog
pusa = cat
baboy = PIG

lugaw = rice porridge
tokwa = tofu

so now u will understand what DD always call me "LTB"
Lugaw Tokwa Baboy hehehe Very Happy

example:
oi aerith kumusta? lvl na?
hey aerith how are u doing? what's your level now?
jb0001
jb0001
Elder Flanae

Male
Number of posts : 186
Main Character : hindi na daw ako ang may ari ng char namin
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue89/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (89/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa_marie Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:57 pm

LOL.. funny words you have there.. But I have my own terms ingame.. like LOL... and D acronym is = laughing out loud, right? i would sometimes use it when i say "lol ka tlga" like for me "lasang ka". And in visayan "buang ka".... ehehehe

Lasang is used in our own dialect(chavacano) and it's like "kalokohan".

eheheh.... I might teach you also chavacano thing... I always teach GMRC and some frends in game but they would come.... waaaaahhhhhhhh enough!!!! lol
alexa_marie
alexa_marie
Big Pumpkin

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Khrisz23 Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 pm

yeah.. me and my friends use lolz as an expressi0n na! ahihi like "lolz ka uy"! and it gave us the meaning of ulol like loko or kalokohan said by ate aLex lol!

how bout the churva! ahaha! boogie

Khrisz23
Lunar Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 459
Main Character : KheizyCortez
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Forum SCORE
HP:
For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Left_bar_bleue207/600For Those Who Cant Understand Tagalog: SOME WORDS FOR YOU! Empty_bar_bleue  (207/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:35 am

alexa_marie wrote: I always teach GMRC and some frends in game but they would come.... waaaaahhhhhhhh enough!!!! lol

you don't teach me that much.. compared to "you call me" much.. nyahahaha!.. Royal Chief, you're Lasang!.. ahaha!.. what did i do?.. shruglol!
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by edifice Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:02 pm

asaness - another way to say "asa".. I agree, when a player once say to you "asa" it means youre a weakling. specially on pvp mode.

tae - in real it is pea or poop. but in game tae means "damn you"..

bakla - means "gay" but in game it means "coward"..

lupet - "awesome" in english

ungas - one of my favorite word to say.. means "moron"..

^_^
edifice
edifice
JellyNut

Male
Number of posts : 24
Main Character : EDIFICE
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa_marie Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Khrisz23 wrote:yeah.. me and my friends use lolz as an expressi0n na! ahihi like "lolz ka uy"! and it gave us the meaning of ulol like loko or kalokohan said by ate aLex lol!

how bout the churva! ahaha! boogie

yea right, but that juz pushed me to use LOLs coz i hate to use bad words ingame... Foul language aren't acceptable.... Any moment booom!~ banned account! eheheh

Churva? It's a gay thing... maybe, [GM] RC can relate.. joke pakner...eheheh Peace!!!
alexa_marie
alexa_marie
Big Pumpkin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa_marie Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:33 pm

[quote="Royal Chief]you don't teach me that much.. compared to "you call me" much.. nyahahaha!.. Royal Chief, you're Lasang!.. ahaha!.. what did i do?.. shruglol![/quote]

Nyahahaha.. You'll always be my pakner ingame... Doin' crazy things... i mizz that... Calling you lasang several times.. LOL... I can't catch up on u ingame most when I go OL... Juz last night we went OL... but u were late... wenks...

Hope to do events wid you soon..
alexa_marie
alexa_marie
Big Pumpkin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 am

alexa_marie wrote:Churva? It's a gay thing... maybe, [GM] RC can relate.. joke pakner...eheheh Peace!!!

lol! .. i learned that 'Churva' word here in the forums!.. LOL.. Pakner you're soOo lasang!.. yeah hope to see you ingame soon!.. when you're online, i'm late.. and when i'm early, you're not there.. lolpoint lolpoint
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Akisha Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:22 pm

alexa_marie wrote:

eheheh.... I might teach you also chavacano thing... I always teach GMRC and some frends in game but they would come.... waaaaahhhhhhhh enough!!!! lol

errr....how would you translate Mocha's song? i think it's in chavacano...and i really dont understand what she said. hehehehe.....
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Lady_Akisha wrote:errr....how would you translate Mocha's song? i think it's in chavacano...and i really dont understand what she said. hehehehe.....

like Mochas Grasas? is that the title of the song?..lol! lol!
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Akisha Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Royal Chief™ wrote:
Lady_Akisha wrote:errr....how would you translate Mocha's song? i think it's in chavacano...and i really dont understand what she said. hehehehe.....

like Mochas Grasas? is that the title of the song?..lol! lol!

LOL! no not that one! the sexy singer who always got gigs in GMA...singing...errrr....i think the title of the song was Pacha. I dont know... hahaha.
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa_marie Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:53 pm

wahahahah... Mocha's song? is that the title of that song? Hmmm... if that's it then it's like... in english... "Mocha is a song" or its like Mocha is a name of a perosn and she or he got a lot of songs.. same as alexa's song... Hope im getting ur point.eheheh

Chavacano is a broken spanish..... ^_^

As if Zamboanga is a little mexico city....eheheh
alexa_marie
alexa_marie
Big Pumpkin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Akisha Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Mocha the singer sis hahaha....my mistake >,< hehehe....

Mocha's Song = Song of Mocha = possessive form

sorry my mistake Very Happy
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa_marie Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Lady_Akisha wrote:Mocha the singer sis hahaha....my mistake >,< hehehe....

Mocha's Song = Song of Mocha = possessive form

sorry my mistake Very Happy

Oh yea.. taht's what Im thinking too sis.. ei, good ur back! is it ingame too? hope sooo.. mizz yah.. hope we could talk again thru.... u know it.. eheheh
alexa_marie
alexa_marie
Big Pumpkin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Akisha Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 pm

OT:

yeah, im back in game too....it's just we dont meet kasi magkaiba tayo ng oras pag nag login haha. ^_^

nahihiya nga ako kase kay ______ pla ung number na un haha.
Lady_Akisha
Lady_Akisha
Mammoth

Female

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next