FreeROSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

While the Server was offline...

+3
Royal Chief™
aia
Terr0risT™
7 posters

Go down

While the Server was offline... Empty While the Server was offline...

Post by Terr0risT™ Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:10 pm

While FreeROSE was down, I took the liberty of adding some codes to our game and added a new map for high level players. I'll try to enumerate the changes I made the time our game was offline.

The "/go" Command Requirement

This priviledge will now have a requirement before anyone can use it. What's needed? Your character must carry at least 1 million zulie. If you don't have that, say hello to walking or traveling by cart. To illustrate, say for instance you bought a lot of items and your zulie dropped to around 100,000. Then, you decided to level in Marsh of Ghosts and typed in /go 10.. the next thing which will appear on your screen is:

"You need to carry at least 1 million zulie in order to use the /go command."

Now that you understand what's going to happen when your zulie goes below 1M, lets talk about why this requirement was implemented. What could be the rationale.

It's simple. Admin doesn't want low level players running around Junon Polis begging for zulies and items. They will have to work for it, not stalk every player they meet and literally bug them for hours asking to spare some change. All newly created characters will have to run from Adventure's Plains to Zant and stay around in that area for the time being, while hunting for zulies. You may ask, "Can we still use the teleporter lady in Zant?" The answer is.. that girl isn't there anymore. She was fired, 2 days ago. So you really are left with no choice but to rely on your legs.. or use the cart you received from doing the 1st job quest, or be lucky some high level players visits Zant and takes pity on you.

Now before you raise one eyebrow and start asking where's the fun in all these. You first need to think that the fun in this game is mostly found in hunting mobs, and acquiring items/zulie. Getting a million zulie isn't that hard at all. I tested a normal character, ran around Adventure's plains, took my 1st job quest in Zant, reached El Verloon Desert, and before I reach Anima Lake, I was already Level 32 and have gathered more than a million zulie. Enough to use the /go Command.

The Lost Books

The Problem: Most players can't find the books they need.
The Solution: Add these books as rewards to their job quests.

The Pasonanca Park

When you hit Level 250 and feel you are strong enough, you can proceed to The Lion's Plains and continue leveling until you can kill the strongest Beasts with ease. But when you reach 280 and above, there's nowhere else to go but just stay in that map. Now you're stuck killing Beasts and you're probably getting bored looking at their ugly faces.. Or, maybe you feel you've already grown strong enough there's no more challenge waiting ahead of you. Sorry but just when you thought you've already conquered this game, a new map emerges and presents some level of difficulty.

Welcome to the Pasonanca Park.

You can reach it by typing "/go 12". Remember though, that going there has a Level requirement. You need to be at least 280 before you can visit the Park. There's no other way to go there.

Now what's with that Park? There's really nothing new except it's a new place, you probably have never seen that map before. The nasty Yetis I originally placed in George of Silence now freely roams around Pasonanca Park. Their levels were raised to 300. Some were level 310, others 320.. and so on. The boss, which looks like an ugly Centaur, is level 350. Don't be so cocky getting near that piece of killing machine or you can get killed in a few hits even at Level 300.

Now that you get the picture, let's talk about what drops in that map. Basically all the goodies. From mileage items, to high grade gems, to high level weapons, and some items you won't see in other maps. You can think of it as some sort of reward for reaching that level. Getting the requirement for visiting the Park is already a challenge to most players. Being able to successfully kill the mobs there is another story.

Note however, that I'm still not yet done fixing the drops in our Park. So don't go rushing there expecting for some Level 200 weapon or some Peridot7 to drop. It won't drop yet, not now. Maybe in the next couple of days. Just relax, everything will be ok.

The Grand Master Golem

Otherwise known as the GMG, most ROSE online players know that this mob which runs around George Of Silence gives a very good amount of EXP. The only problem is, it doesn't exist in private servers simply because it was not included in the default Monster Data. Now I'm getting that mob to show it's power in FreeROSE. GMG will now roam the George of Silence in 5 different locations around that map. Goodluck to everyone hunting it!

Last edited by on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terr0risT™
Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male
Number of posts : 485
Main Character : Terr0risT™
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Forum SCORE
HP:
While the Server was offline... Left_bar_bleue600/600While the Server was offline... Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

While the Server was offline... Empty Re: While the Server was offline...

Post by aia Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:46 pm

this is sooooo cool~
Terro~ many thanks for all the effort being made Smile
aia
aia
Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:48 pm

LOL! Tryteh was fired lol! i know where she went & what happened to her.. but that's a secret LOL! joke.. *wink*.. well, we really have to save at least 1M Zulie.. that's fair.. and for the new players so that they will explore Junon walkin is a great idea too.. coz if there's a find me or look for this & that event, they will have many chances of winning.. gettin familiar with the planet is not a bad idea (LOL'd) coz me myself don't even know the way from Zant to the City of Junon Polis walkin ..so lame yeah?..drunken.. good job sir..

peace out!

--RoyalChief--
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1586
Main Character : **RoyalChief**
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Forum SCORE
HP:
While the Server was offline... Left_bar_bleue600/600While the Server was offline... Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemurezzz Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:57 pm

whaha.
Terro wrote:
''Don't be so cocky getting near that piece of killing machine or you can get killed in a few hits even at Level 300.''
he sure does hit me in some hits..

and then the GMG hes was so hard to kill at lvl 80 in irose etc maan..
i like to face him with my lvl now gnagna..

but all of that:
Great Job with adding new map mobs lvls drops etc to Freerose!
this is rlly the best rose ive seen (from private servers.).
Lemurezzz
Lemurezzz
Small Clown

Male
Number of posts : 365
Main Character : lemurez
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Forum SCORE
HP:
While the Server was offline... Left_bar_bleue300/600While the Server was offline... Empty_bar_bleue  (300/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by flamethro195 Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:06 am

wow nice job =D
flamethro195
flamethro195
Moldie

Male
Number of posts : 329
Main Character : Soul**
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flexxerble Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 am

when ever i get to my character select window and i click on my character another window opens say trose has encounteredan error or something and then on the bottom it says debug and send error or som,ething likwe that so is the server still down

flexxerble
Mini-Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 2
Main Character : doshishoshoyru
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flexxerble Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 am

but still some people are playiong cause theres over 20 people in the online list

flexxerble
Mini-Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 2
Main Character : doshishoshoyru
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kahjye Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:07 pm

terror is always making his server works well
kahjye
kahjye
JellyNut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down