FreeROSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DL] FreeRose Patch for XP and Vista

Go down

[DL] FreeRose Patch for XP and Vista Empty [DL] FreeRose Patch for XP and Vista

Post by vyr Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:15 am

The official installer didn't work on Vista, so I extracted the files and created another one that works on both XP and Vista Smile (the two shortcut errors are because the Start Menu folder doesn't exist. This is a good thing: If you delete that folder, the patch won't recreate it)

The how to connect guide is the same for both this installer and the official one.

edit: The launcher didn't work for Vista (ROSE errors, every program except the launcher crashes, blue screens), so I bundled up my own "launcher".. why is it in quotes? Because it's not really a launcher - it's part of the shortcut.

As long as you use the shortcut created by the installer, it'll work. If you ever lose the shortcut, you have to install the patch again.
Don't worry, just installing to the same folder again is OK. It won't break anything.

I added a few more things in the process:
non-Vista versions of Windows get the normal launcher, and Vista gets the shortcut version.
Also, the "open me first" part of the install isn't necessary anymore.. the installer does this for you.

Get it at http://www.mediafire.com/?3oynd0wckdi and...move to Vista, it rocks!

vyr
Jelly Bean

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Back to top Go down