FreeROSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A funny thread..

4 posters

Go down

A funny thread.. Empty A funny thread..

Post by Terr0risT™ Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:47 am

Part of my job as an Admin is to make sure we stand first amongst our equals. In other words, be better than the rest of ROSE online Private servers. As such, I do my homework. And one homework I love doing is to read other server's forums. Call me double-Oh-seven, but I do it to once in a while (usually when I'm bored) to learn more about what's going on in the rest of the world.

So here's one funny thread I bumped into. Well, at least for me it is.

###############################################
The topic title says "Champs Overpowered?"

MEMBER 1
well i think champs are overpowered ..why champs hits 7k with no reborn
in sikuku and a raider hits 1k..thats not fair for other classes..if we
pvp againts a champ ..champ will always win
if u can down their power it will be better for hawkers,muses,and dealer

MEMBER 2
LOL, u keep crying dont u, already in xxxxx rose, cuz u had 30 reborns
and i caught up to u and owned u cuz i was a champion, u told the admin
to put power down, hmmm lets seee, champs have the strongest weapons in the gane, raiders dont, katars are just fast, and champions need con
and str pretty much, and most people have about 100 con before there
first reborn and rest is str thats why.....raiders need str, dex, con,
sen

MEMBER 1
lol i dont even know you

MEMBER 2
lol but i know u....

MEMBER 3
well thats ur loss that u didnt make a champ

ADMIN

Dont complaint abt other classes in game play it and make your character stronger..
/close
###############################################

SIDENOTE:
This shouldn't be the case at all. Each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses depending on the job's description. And the server administrator should try his best to get the closest acceptable class-to-class balance he can do to offer a fair gameplay for everyone.

FreeROSE, from where it stands now, may not be that perfect, but we're getting close to achieving an impressive, justified balance amongst classes.
Terr0risT™
Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male
Number of posts : 485
Main Character : Terr0risT™
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Forum SCORE
HP:
A funny thread.. Left_bar_bleue600/600A funny thread.. Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

A funny thread.. Empty Re: A funny thread..

Post by Orihime_Inoue Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:21 am

its normal for a champ (axe type) to be stronger than a raider coz their atk speed is slow... 1 axe swing=2-3 hits for a raider.... and they miss alot... in 5 swings theyll only hit once.... so if what he says is true...
7k compared 1k x 2 hits x 4 (let say the raider missed once) = 8k

but then if its a sword type or a spear type i believe that it would be unfair not just for the raiders but for axe types too...
Orihime_Inoue
Orihime_Inoue
Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 442
Main Character : **iNoue** DELETED
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Forum SCORE
HP:
A funny thread.. Left_bar_bleue163/600A funny thread.. Empty_bar_bleue  (163/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:24 am

Orihime_Inoue wrote:its normal for a champ (axe type) to be stronger than a raider coz their atk speed is slow... 1 axe swing=2-3 hits for a raider.... and they miss alot... in 5 swings theyll only hit once.... so if what he says is true...
7k compared 1k x 2 hits x 4 (let say the raider missed once) = 8k

Only thing is, Raiders in other servers don't have good dodge. That means a Champ rarely misses. Attack a champ and you're dead in an instant.
Terr0risT™
Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
A funny thread.. Left_bar_bleue600/600A funny thread.. Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Orihime_Inoue Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:31 am

ohh then that sux... isnt dodge and atk speed all hawkers are about.... whats the use of having dex then >.< good thing we have a devoted admin Very Happy eherm not trying to suck up or anything xD just saying...

offtopic: sir i once tried a sword and it only did around the same damage as an axe would do.. isnt an axe suppose to be more powerful than a 2 handed sword? mhh or maybe its just me... idk...
Orihime_Inoue
Orihime_Inoue
Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 442
Main Character : **iNoue** DELETED
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Forum SCORE
HP:
A funny thread.. Left_bar_bleue163/600A funny thread.. Empty_bar_bleue  (163/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Terr0risT™ wrote:FreeROSE, from where it stands now, may not be that perfect, but we're getting close to achieving an impressive, justified balance amongst classes.

yeah men!.. the server is impressive sir...it is.. and if ever someone from pRose Admin will give us their ROSE files?.. wOot!.. other private servers will be drOoOOoling!.. but i know we will get there soon :king: ! *hands down*
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1586
Main Character : **RoyalChief**
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by jb0001 Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:58 pm

is that the purpose why sir terro asks for players that still uses pROSE as main client?
jb0001
jb0001
Elder Flanae

Male
Number of posts : 186
Main Character : hindi na daw ako ang may ari ng char namin
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Forum SCORE
HP:
A funny thread.. Left_bar_bleue89/600A funny thread.. Empty_bar_bleue  (89/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:16 pm

hmm.. i guess it's about items.. that's why he's looking for the pRose client.. are you using the pRose client till now?..
Royal Chief™
Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1586
Main Character : **RoyalChief**
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm looking for the .STB file that holds "badwords" so that we'll have no problem saying phrases as "bigay mo na sa akin" or "sana manalo kami".

naROSE client censors words such as "gay" and "anal" and displays them as *^*.

So instead of displaying correctly, the tagalog phrases above are shown as "bi^*^ mo na sa akin" and "sana m^*^o kami".

If we are to resolve this, I need to extract the "badwords list" from pROSE client and place in on our FreeROSE client which I plan to heavily customize and release early next year.

Among the many things I plan to introduce are new sets of level 230 weapons, new outfits, and new items.
Terr0risT™
Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down